Spark Plug trivia 101.........

So today, I finally joined the ranks of the winter moped rider, awsome time. I have a 1980 MOTOBECANE and she fired up no problem after sitting for 3 months (college). After crusing for around 4 hours, my ped started to loose all power at full throttle, at 1/2 my power was fine.

So, I pulled over, ripped out the autolite 425 spark plug, and noticed all around the gap, specks of like carbon that were fused onto the electrode. The white ceramic around the center electrode looks like it has brown mold.

Any ideas on why my spark plug has a fungus of sorts lol, thanks

boomhaur16

Re: Spark Plug trivia 101.........

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Install new plug and see what happens. No harm done.

Re: Spark Plug trivia 101.........

Jason Luther /

try cleaning your carb. you probably sucked some crap.-jason

Re: Spark Plug trivia 101.........

Iiiiiiiii Died /

u may want to clean your tank out bccus if u sucked something in thru the gas theres the source did the spark plug get wet and form like mildew?

Re: Spark Plug trivia 101.........

"Install new plug and see what happens. No harm done."

Bingo!!

Re: Spark Plug trivia 101.........

well.. first off ditch the autolite and spin in a new NGK,

dump the old gas and get some fresh stuff in the tank

you know, give it a good once over

Re: Spark Plug trivia 101.........

Try the next hotter range plug. The plug should be hot enough to burn off all deposits. This "fix" assumes that your fuel mixture and oil ratio and timing and everything else are OK.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account