morini trouble

Jason Luther /

the last time i rode my bianchi (morini-MO1) i noticed it was real hard to peddle. just in bicycle mode it was hard to peddle. being in the back of mind, while i was in the garage today i thought id take the chain off and see if it was the rear wheel bearings. no, it was not. i also noticed the last time i rode, it took a while for it to run at 'full power'. so im thinking its something in the engine (bearing probably), but what bearings/shafts does the peddle mode and running mode share? ive looked at an exploded engine view but it doesnt shine much light. i know this is one of those, tear it apart and see whats wrong, but its fucking freezing outside and i wont get into until spring. has anyone ever had this problem? im just looking for ideas. thanks-jason

Re: morini trouble

See Ya Moped Army /

Most likely, its because the the oil in the tranny is just very thick due to the cold.

Jason Luther /

thats what i was thinking, but even when it was about 50 it was getting hard to peddle. it is getting progressively worse the colder it gets now that i think about it. pertaining to my question about what the peddle and motor mode share. i had a few beers and wasnt thinking too clearly, so i didnt realize they share everything just about. thanks-jason

I'm just throwing this out there, ignore it if it seems silly... Linear expansion. Metal shrinks when cold, expands when hot. If it is really shrunken, maybe the chain's too tight? Some older bearings have finally stated to fail? Either something has moved, or the cold oil is slowing things down. How hard is it to pedal? Really tough? Or just a little stiff?

I guess you eliminated all the easy stuff like dragging brakes.. tire rubbing against a fender.. wheel bearing adjustment..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account