15mm amal carb problem i think. this sucks

Ken Eslinger /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

can anyone give me an opinion on what my problem might be , I cant get my carb to stop flooding out gas just pours out of the carb.i cleaned the carb a bunch of times but it keeps happening. last week when i tried to start it the motor seemed to not want to turn over like it had back pressure so i took out the spark plug . it was soaked i guess when the motor did turn of it sucked up a bunch of gas so i cleaned out the carb and checked to see that the float needle was working properly . i took off the bowl and manually moved the float the valve seemed to be working.it would shut of just before being level with the carb body.so i think it is working properly.next i took off the exhaust pipe and it was completely full mybe 3 cups of fuel. so i was thinking that maybe the float had gotten stuck and the piston was in a certain position as to allow the fuel to drain directly into the exhaust if that is possible/anyway that is were i am at it is still flooding out it seems to run good at top speed then when you slow down or try to idle it floods out.please help,also could it somehow be thepiston ring ring

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account