wheeles

i do alot of weeles could that be answers to some of my probleps, are they bad for the moped

Re: wheeles

Don Pflueger /

mopeds arent made for wheelies.

What are your problems? Why would wheelies be bad? For once (and I can believe it's true) I disagree with Donp. Mopeds are made...and if wheelies are possible, wheelie you shall. My ped would not wheelie so now I'm completely rebuilding it to wheelie...I guess you could say then that my moped is being made to wheelie...sorry Donp.

Don Pflueger /

the frames and fork tubes are not designed for the amount of stress exerted on them when the front tire lands. plus there is the added strain on the engine, rear wheel bearings, swing arm and bushings, and chain and sprockets. mopeds arent dirt bikes or stunt bikes. they are designed for leisure riding.

But thats what you're here for, don.. to help them fix it after the abuse breaks something..

i didn't think my stock moped could do one till the other day.. Im on the center stand and reving it up to warm the engine.. It slipped off the stand and I grabbed the bars tight just in time.. It hit the ground and the front wheel was straight up as i went about 5 or 10 feet before landing ok (only because i had some practice on other bikes).

A couple people nearby were very impressed, probably because they expected it about as much as i did, which was zero-expectation.

Don Pflueger /

lol. yea i guess your right.

My Tomos did that one day to me!! Scared me shitless! I stood on it, though, tried to ride a good one, not too bad. But I won't do it again....accidentally or on purpose!

Dude! , my speedometer on my Tomos Sprint broke from riding wheelies and coming down hard.

I took it apart and found that the long verticle gear had come off. I put it back on and now it works again. :)

there is nothing better than beating the shit out of a moped. the joy it brings is worth the time of fixing the fucking thing after its broken

I am thinking of modyfying my parts tomos into a stunt ped. Motorcycle front and rear suspension, Skid plate, pipe plate, better handle bars, and frame reinforcement. Should work out good. Ill paint it white with red and blue stripes on the frame. It will be my Evil Kinevil moped. and ill convert to kick start and install foot pegs.

The rear wheels should hold out and the motor should be fine as long as the suspension is good.

or so we hope. I dunno I do wheelies on my lx sometimes. if you do it right you won't hurt the suspension too bad. just gotta be careful.

Jason Luther /

i still find it hard to beleive anyone can do wheelies (a real wheelie) on a moped.

lol. yes well not a very long one. I can do fake wheelies forever. but a real wheelie, eh, 40 feet? not much.

here's a fake wheelie. haha.

http://www.charmingtrinkets.com/pickle/ryanwheeliecrash.wmv

that's me crashing^ don't ask.

here's another one. I was pretty bored.

http://www.charmingtrinkets.com/pickle/tomoswheelies.wmv

To me a real wheelie isn't distance.. its having a strong enough motor to get you up. I'm gonna repost your links here just so i can shift/enter d/load the wmvs and take a look..

But all i seen so far with moped wheelies is you gotta hang your ass off the back of the seat so your weight brings the front end up. Maybe someone's got a strong bike and geared low so they can do it with power, but i havent seen it.. but maybe i will in a moment.

http://www.charmingtrinkets.com/pickle/ryanwheeliecrash.wmv

http://www.charmingtrinkets.com/pickle/tomoswheelies.wmv

well.. i gotta admit thats pretty cool.. crash was a lame crash but that's OK ;)

but you won't win the Acadmy Award for Best Wheelie if you be dragging your feet like that..

bwaaaahaaaaahahahahahaa....into the woods,

that's sum funny shit.

well I have a kit now. I can ride them in 1st for a bit.

but yeah your right I was just messing around I'm not claiming to be good. haha.

Re: wheeles? and air!

Yeah...your right after all Donp...I guess mopeds just aren't made to land wheelies or taking the abuse. What about jumping? I'm post you a vid in the morning of Mojorisin bustin' some stylie air over the railroad tracks.

So I finally got around to posting Mojorisin's air. Check it out under the general moped discussion "Mojorisin quick flick."

I have a big box on the back of my moped so i really gotta pull it up hard when i do them, think it is eaiser to do them without a box so that you can sit on the storage rack?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account