lights, voltage?

I'm putting new head and tail lights on my cimatti, before i start i'm wondering what kind of voltage the alternator/generator puts out on average.

Any help would be great.

Re: lights, voltage?

You could grab a multimeter at walmart and test it out yourself. One thing though, at least on my QT50 (about 8volts at headlamp,6v tail) the tail light is DC but the headlight is AC and will only work when the engine is running. I thought there was something wrong with my circuit till i figgured that one out.

Hope that helps.

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Pull a coouple of bulbs from your ped. The voltage is written on the bulb. You should replace with same bulb type. the alternator/generator is designed to put out a certain number of watts.The sum total wattage of all your bulbs and ignition should not exceed the out put wattage.

Jason Luther /

6 volt. it will vary with engine speed but the bike uses 6 volt elecrical equipment. its a 1970's with a morini or minarelli engine right?-jason

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Many electricical generating circuits use a zenor diode as part of the regulating circuit. If your measured voltage is more than 2 volts above the rated voltage of your ped, try replacing your zenor if it has one.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account