I need cables

Hey, i just got this General 3 star and i need some cable for it. I've looked ALL over the internet and the best i can find are universal cables. Any good site or anything would be great! Thanks

Re: I need cables

I go to Alfa-mart and get a bike-tune cable kit. It comes with four, or five, universal cables that either work perfect, or can easily be made to work. It will cost you five bucks and save you tons. Dell carbs throttle cables are pretty much basic bike gear cables.

what is the website for alfa-mart?

Walmart. I think that was a joke. I got the $5 walmart cable set, it was delicious.

I think walmart is the joke on all of us...but yeah.

So does anyone know where to get cables or not?

Okay...go to W-A-L-M-A-R-T and get that bike cable kit. I might go to hell now for advertising for Walmart...but there you go.

You are going to burn eternally in THE LAKE OF FIRE !

NOOOO..NOOOOO...aahhhahhhhh!!! All this for cheap moped cables...GOD please forgive me.

Matt, Is there really a cable kit at walmart?

Yeah I'm not jokin'. You see I broke down one day...my rear brake cable broke. So I was near a W-mart and I went in and bought that pack on the shelf near all the bike stuff (this is in Asheville, NC). I bought it and was back on the road in minutes. The great thing about this kit is that it comes with lots of these metal cap ends that go on the black outer part of the cable. That way you can cut the black plastic cable housing with wire cutters (it hard to get through the metal housing underneath...but keep pinching hard on both sides, being careful not to damage the cable, and you'll get it) and make the cable the perfect length.

The gear cable that came in the pack I got was exactly the same as my Tomos throttle cable. It fit right into the slide plate of the Dell carb perfecto. But even on a basic cable you can file the round lead end down to fit perfecto too.

If you can find the set...just go to a bike shop and get a gear, or brake, cable. Good luck.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account