jawa has no head gasket

theirs is no head gsaket for my x-30 so that tell me thet the head might be warped or i need to find out why compression is leaking through the side any one got idears for me to repair the leacking cylinder head

Re: jawa has no head gasket

Don Pflueger /

get a glass window pane, a sheet of 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper, fasten the sandpaper tp the glass, then sand in circular motions making sure to keep an even pressure. i know you keep saying its not warped, but i can gauraentee it is.

and if it is what can i do to repair cause i have a machine tool in my school if they shave off a little will it help?

Don Pflueger /

you can do it either way. a machine shop is more accurate. shaving the head will give you more compression and power. but you need to know exactly how much you can take off with no worries of the piston hitting the head at full revs. usually .030" is about the max that can be shaved. i would only remove .015-.020" on the first try to test it.

the head has pit's in it and when i tryed sanding it the eges began to shine but dint sand all cause it is warped yup do u think the cylinder head could be fix by the miller to cut the head

Don Pflueger /

a milling machine will make it perfect.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account