A35 gasket on which side?

for my Tomos ttlx with an A35 engine, which side of the engine has a gasket between the engine and the engine casing? Is it the oil injector side or the other side? Thanx

Re: A35 gasket on which side?

you'll have to be more specific then that.

How could i be more specific then that? Anyone with an A35 should know what im talking about. Only one of the two sides has a gasket between the metal engine casing and the engine itself.

John Joedicke /

Gasket goes on the base of the jug(barrel) No gasket on the heatif it it is original or replacement Airsal kit. Gaskets on both sides of the reed valve at the intake.

alright your being very vague and don't say I don't know what I" mtalking about I can take apart an a35 in my sleep.

so, asshole,

the cover on the left side is just a flywheel cover and oil injection mount. it isn't sealing anything, therefore it has no gasket.

the trannsmission cover on the right side has a gasket to keep the transmission fluid in (atf dexron III)

Ryan, why be a moron? I was asking which side, you replied "the trannsmission cover on the right side has a gasket to keep the transmission fluid in" thats all i wanted to know. Why couldnt you just say that in the first place?

thanx anyway

Don Pflueger /

the first generation a35's had a 1-2mm paper head gasket, it really isnt needed, but its there. most people dont notice it because its glued to the squish band on the head. i talked to ike about it once and he didnt realize they were on there until he started to inspect them and then he saw them. i think they were only used for a year or two in the early 90's.

I am being a moron because I don't like dumb people like you. and I"m leaving at that.

Your the only dumb one here.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account