jawa qustion....

i have a 1975 jawa babetta, and i need the little power conductor thing that makes the power for the coil to run off of.....im not sure what its called....but its a little thing with copper wire coiled around it, and it has one red wire hooked to it......sometimes you can put a test light on it and it will work and other times it wont......any info about it or where i could get one would be awesome....thanks

Re: jawa qustion....

Justin Brownell /

I think your talking about the ignition coil. does it also connect to your spark plug wire? if so check mopedwarehouse.com they have them

Justin

Mikel Womack /

no its not the coil, its the little thing that makes the power for the coil.....there are for of them inder the little black plastic cap one is for the coil and the other 3 lights/horn...im not sure what they are called.....i attached a pic.....thanks

1101697626_engine3.jpg

Right, the generator correct?

Mikel Womack /

what do you mean?

i have the generator for a jawa and it works fine im willing to sell it for 80 dollars+shipping it work great just email me at scoobyscby16@yahoo.com

I didn't know that the Jawa Mopeds even had a generator!

The part you are talking about is the Ignition coil off the alternator (generator). The complete fixed ring with 4 coils on it is the Stator. The top coil with the red wire is to power the ignition coil, the other three are to power the lights etc. The small coil behind the top coil with a white or yellow wire is to trigger the coil to 'fire' the spark.

I think you may be able to get a single coil or a complete stator from <www.mz-b.de>

You can get a wiring diagram & parts book by downloading from <www.jawamoped.com>

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account