idle adjustment

the idle screw on my 2000 targa lx works fine but the cable adjustment screw doesnt do jack and i heard the idle screw should be like 1 1/2 turns from all the way in but if i do that then my wheel spins basically at full throttle. how do i fix this

Re: idle adjustment

turn it out more..there is no set sopt for the screw..just turn it out till the tire barely spins and it sounds like a good idle

Jason Luther /

make sure the engine is good and warmed up before setting the idle. drive around for a couple miles first.

i did all that but that doesnt explain why the throttle adjustment doesnt work

Jason Luther /

there is a very fine line that the cable adjuster straddles. take the air box off your carb and loosen the throttle cable to where there is plenty of slack. now look into your carb opening as you tighten the cable, as soon as the slide starts to move, stop. then back it off to where its fully closed again. now adjust your idle screw. jason

Don Pflueger /

throttle wire adjustment is done up top on the throttle. the cable adjuster is used to fine tune the choke once the wire is adjusted fairly tight.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account