New speedometer?

I just received a new speedometer from Ikesbikes for my Tomos Sprint 2003.

The new speedomtere is a larger diameter where the cable screws into the speeedo. The screw tingy that holds the cable onto the speedo will not screw onto the larger diamtere threaded part of the new speedo.

Why is this?

What can be done?

Thanks.

Re: New speedometer?

My new speedomtere is the Black faced speedo.

My old one was white faced.

I noticed online that there are different cables to be used for each of the different colored faces.

That is sad; now I have to buy a new speedo cable?

I should have just put on my digital bicycle speedo.

The only thing wrong with my old speedo was the odomtere; not the speedometer.

I guess I could sell this new black faced one and put on the old one.

Thanks for your help.

The speedo light has connects differently on the black faced speedo as opposed to the white faced speedo.

Damn! Why these differences??

I would have to cut the wire and re-wrie a different type of connector. This speedo is too much trouble.

What a waste of money!

WELL IS IT FOR YOUR EXACT YEAR AND MODEL? IFIT IS, THEN IKES BIKES IS LYABLE YOU CAN RETURN IT AND GET YOUR M0NEY BACK, SO WHOS FASLT WASIT?

Ike tells me that the black face is interchangeable with the white face.

Well my mopeds speedo cable has too small of a diameter to screw onto the black face speedo and the black face speedos light connector is orientated differently and will not attach onto my mopeds light conncetor. I would have to cut the wires and hook up a new type of connector.

Hope this helps someone else when they buy a speedometer

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account