Can your ped go the distance?

Matthew Westberg /

What's the highest Odometer reading you've ever had

a - without an engine rebuild.

and

b - with rebuilds, repairs - anything at all, even a new engine. Just how long have you kept a ped going?

Re: Can your ped go the distance?

Iiiiiiiii Died /

i have a 75 motobecane with 4kmiles in my garage lol , not the highest ive seen , just highest with out repairs in my garage , ive seen a tomos with 8k miles before

ive fliped the speedometer on my fa 50 over 9999 miles on it.

Justin Brownell /

my Cimatti city bike has 5700 on it or somthing like that.

Steve Murphy /

Walter Muma did something like 12,000 miles on a single trip!

i ve got almost 8000 on a puch single speed that came out of the trash, had about 4 and change when i got it, ride it all the time, 24-7,

11,347 on my 2000 targa lx

7000 on my 01 lx

3,900 ish on my Tomos.

Casey Lacourse /

I have 7100 on my 1979 motobecane mobylette. The spark is on the way out now but the engine still has compression. That is always a good sign. I dont know if it has had rebuilds because I am not the first owner.

It still runs great... for about 5 minutes. ;) But a new ignition parts should take care of that.

I have a registered 26K+ miles on my oldest Sebring, but I know that it has nearly 40K,really. The 60cc Polini kit that ChrisMWH sold me must be closing on 20K now, with only the ring being replaced.

My second-oldest Sebring has approx.15K on it. My 3rd oldest Sebring has nearly 4K, and the Tomos I bought for my step-son wernt nearly 13K with no motor work(he crashed it into a pole). I am not riding my StreetMate which I got from Ike's Bikes as a daily rider,yet............it's too pretty to abuse! LOL! don-ohio (:^D

Patrick Ross /

my ped has done over 25,000 km!!! its a 1999 peugeot vivacity 50cc, no problems ever apart from rollers, brake pads, tyres and speedo cable which is all wear and tear stuff. has excellent acceleration you really have to brace your self to stop your head snapping back and it will beat literally anything off the line, e.g. ford focus, new mini, honda civic type 'r' but the top speeds only 50mph so that sucks

Matthew Westberg /

Hey Don? You have a Streetmate? Oh man! I need some good hard info on those. (See my Thread in General discussion)

This is a message for Patch, you need to DERESTRICT your moped if you want it over 50mph my friend. If you still have your original exhaust either get rid of it and get a performance type or simply unbolt it and remove the washer inside, also there's a backplate that is attached to your clutch that you can safely remove _if you know what you are doing_ . after that you'll notice an increase in power, not like WOW but good enough.

Bjerg.........you can't beat a StreetMate........really......they are top of the line. The MBK Sebring was an equal to them in comfort and gearing in 1980.........but since then I haven't owned a comparable bike.

Possibly some Puchs and the Vespa Grande were pretty close? I dunno... don-ohio (:^)

Matthew Westberg /

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh MAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN.......

I'm gonna go nuts between now and Spring... I just KNOW it.

Patrick Ross /

i have, its a new exhaust (not racing just a bog standard factory derestricted one), and the washer between the variator bits has been taken out. so it think a sports exhaust will do. i havent touched the clutch though so ill have a look with the trusty haynes manual.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account