Clogged Motobecane Carb

Hayden Stevens /

I have a Carb for a Motobecane that is completely clogged with that white crap....I tried carb cleaner, but it doesn't help...I had to chisel what I could with a screwdriver......What eats that white stuff.....I need to know how to clean that thing, especially those small passages (to the jet) that you can't get to....

Re: Clogged Motobecane Carb

See Ya Moped Army /

I use my Dremel with a brass wire cleaning attachment. I haven't found any chemicals that removes that stuff.

Hayden Stevens /

is that dremel idea kind of like a "Snake" for pluming? only for the little passages in the carb...

See Ya Moped Army /

Very much so. You can get a very thin brass attachment for your Dremel that will fit in most of the carb's passage ways.

You can also get a heavy duty solvent mentioned in Fred's guide called "carb dip." you could use mineeral spirits as well, just let it soak longer. The carb dip is supposed to dissolve all non-metal pieces, so make sure you son't leave any on.

Dave Peterson /

I have had good luck using CLR (calcium,lime,rust remover). Just be careful how long you soak it. Skipjaz

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account