bogged down at 20 pph and leaking major gas

I have a 1977 Kreidler that leaks gas at the junction of the carb and air filter and when I hit 20 mph the engine bogges considerably. How can I return the power to the engine I used to have and kill the leak? Thanks for your help.

Todd

Re: bogged down at 20 pph and leaking major gas

Justin Brownell /

my Cimatti does this sometimes as well. (the bogging) it also leaks a lot. that if due to be lacking a gasket. I think if I can remember the gasket is missing on the float bowl.

I am going to buy a new carb. Im not sure what anyone else would suggest. because frankly I don't know anything haha.

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

if you take your carb apart you can see if you have that gasket, if not they can be found online.

Here is a picture of the area of leakage. I feel there should be some sort of gasket since hard plastic clamped down with a hose clamp around the aluminum of the carb could never keep gas from escaping. Also I live in Huntington Beach, CA and need to buy a 17 X 2.25 innertube for the back tire which I've unsuccessfully patched several times. Where are these things besides Myron's Mopeds in Fullerton, CA?

( The leak is at the end of where the screw driver is.)

1101009001_carb_leak.jpg

I've attached a pix of where the leak is. It's where the screwdriver is pointing to and I can't imagine that plastic clamped to steel is enough to stop gasoline. I must be missing (Moped never had it) a gasket. Where near Huntington Beach, CA can I buy a 17 x 2,25 innertube for my back tire?

1101009161_carb_leak.jpg

if the gas is leaking out between the carb and the airbox you probably have a problem with the needle valve, there is no gasket that goes there, there should not be gas there so there is no need, it sounds to me like the float is stuck, or maybe you forgot to put the needle valve back in and it is flooding and pouring out of the carb at the airbox

Steve Murphy /

Ray's right. Check the float and needle valve.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account