How long do Tomos engines last?

Matthew Wight /

Hello all. I am considering buying a 2005 Tomos Targa LX.

I want to put a 70cc Eurocylinder Speed Kit, with a performance carb and a performance biturbo exhaust.

<url>http://www.heeters.com/Eurocylinder.shtml</url>;

How many miles can go before the engine needs a rebuild?

How many times can I rebuild the engine?

How many miles will the tranny on a tomos targa last?

Re: How long do Tomos engines last?

Iiiiiiiii Died /

it all depends

Don Pflueger /

your better off going with the airsal kit sold at moped warehouse than that knock off eurocylinder kit. or buy it from ikes bikes. both guys sell a kit called the raptor kit. its a specially put together kit that contains everything you want. and it all works together perfectly.

eurocylinder went out of business a long time ago and was bought by athena. the kit cheeters sells is the tccd kit. its a chinese copy of the eurocylinder. ask chris at moped warehouse about it or do a search here for his post on them. you'll be surprised by what you read.

Timmy Southpark /

i like tomos, and i feel some effort was put into designing them, but i think they use cheap material. Great fast bikes, but if given the option of like a puch or etc... i would go for those first. its probally worth getting.

Matthew Wight /

well assuming I keep the stock engine how, does anyone know how many miles they go before needing a rebuild? What about the transmission?

I looked on the moped warehous site all I could find is this:

http://mopedwarehouse.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/30/products_id/371

Anyone know how many miles those engines need before having a rebuild and or how many times they can be rebuilt?

I've got a 00' targa with 8000 in the speedo that quit working god knows how long ago. It seems to be trucking along.

Iiiiiiiii Died /

theres guys with 1000s of miles on there tomoses ithe highest mileage ive seen on a tomos was 7000 something if that tells u much it was on a black targa wihtout any mods done to it

Timmy Southpark /

yeah theres really no telling, it depends on how you treat it.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

theres someone here with about 12,000miles on a tomos.

well I talked to the guy from mountain moped and he said he has seen bikes with 15.ooo miles. tomos that is.

mine has around 7k and is still fine. all I have a is a tecno pipe and air filter.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account