1981 jawa x-30

i need a head gasket my head leacks compression that why my moped dont run does any one know where i could get one or how i could make one one guy told me to use a coke can and cut it out but will that really work come on its a coke can!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 1981 jawa x-30

Jamie Robinson /

http://www.headgasket.com/products.html

This company makes custom head gaskets.

Dave Peterson /

Try Stevesmopeds, he is in N.J. He has new Jawa parts

I dont know what the x-30 looks like but I have a Jawa 210 and to avoid wear between the cylinder and head I used 1 layer of a 2 layer aluminium gasket from my Puch. I also used a bit of grey gasket maker to seal it for shure, there is not a drop leaking from her now. the aluminum is about the thickness of 4 layers of houshold aluminum foil and its cut to fit between the groove of the head.

All you need to do is find either aluminium of copper of a thickness of light cardboard and cut your own.

Hey, I just thought of somthing I had not considered because I had the old aluminum gasket from my puch. If you are looking for material to use just use one of those aluminum trays used for lasagna or sheperds pie, make shure to roll it flat then cut your gasket. I found that you just push the head onto the foil to create an indentation then follow that as a cutting guide.

Good Luck

but well this really work will it hold the compression

Timmy Southpark /

use some gasket sealent on the custom gasket, that should get a for sure seal. But really, you can go to auto zone and get gasket compuond, in the gold tube, and that should seal taht up.

Jamie Robinson /

These mopeds dont use a sandwich type gasket? The kind of gasket that compresses, and if you remove the head you have to replace it?

Timmy Southpark /

gaskets sealent, might get increased compression too cause there will be less gap between the head and jug.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account