parts

Don Jording /

This is the first time to this site looks like its pretty active well any way here My problem I just bought two Batavus Mopeds and Im going to restore them but i haven't a clue where to get parts or decal s ,etc so any input will be greatly helpful Ive got the one took a part to the frame and getting ready to start sanding thank in advance for yor help

70D

Re: parts

John Joedicke /

Manual on Moped Riders for Bats

Don Pflueger /

that only covers the va model. parts for bats are almost non existant. the engine is either the laura m48 or the laura m56 depending on which model you have. 50cc.nl might be able to get parts for either engine, but bike parts are pretty much nla unless you can find them new. i have service manuals and total parts breakdowns for most of the approximately 15 models of bats if you want part numbers.

Don Jording /

Are these worth any thing I was going to fix them up any let My kid ride them but if there that rare maybe I should restore them and put them up there in need of some repairs and paint but they do run both of them have carb issues any advice is welcome

70D

Don Pflueger /

any good running ped is worth 300-350 dollars. the bats are just hard to find parts for. its not that they were rare, just not that popular.

Don Jording /

Thanks for your input I'm just starting this hobby so I don't know much about mopeds so work with Me on on this please My main love is old tractors and old cars

Don Pflueger /

mine too. i love classic cars and have been in the lawn and garden ibdustry for the last 14 years. over the weekend i got a 1971 sear super suburban 12 tractor for free, it looks and runs like brand new. has ba snow blade that was never used, a rear disk set, a hiller, rear plow, rear rototiller, snow blower, wheel weights and chains, frame weights, and a 3 point hitch. and the best part is that it was free. now if i can just find a deck for it i'll be all set.

i really want a 1948 farmall m10 with a 72" belly mower. a super c would be ok too.

i'll help you with those bats any way i can. i have lots of dealer info on them.

<www.themopedjunkyard.com> has a good assortment of Batavus parts.

Don Jording /

OK Here is My problem I though that I would play with the one that is still together but when I get it started it runs half throttle and when I try to open the throttle it bogs down but when I choke it it speeds up all most like the cable are reversed but there not I did have the plunger out of the carb did I get it back in wrong oh I should say that this a 1977 Batavus

70D

Don Pflueger /

is the air bix mounted on the carb? if it runs better with the choke closed, it means its getting too much air and choking it compensates for the extra air by cutting it ogg thru the carb throat. but you need to look at the intake and cylinder to make sure they are tight and the gaskets are good.

and a word of warning.

i dont know what bat parts moped junkyard could have since batavus went out of business almost 20 years ago, but if you do buy from them, do not use a credit card. they are way overpriced on everything they sell, and there has been numerous cases where they used other peoples credit cards to buy themselves things. one guy got a bill for $2000 cuz they purchased a computer system with his card after he bought a part for about $100. the best guy for bat parts is ziggy. he has a few things. i bought a bunch of stuff from him when i rebuilt my bat.

Don Jording /

Thanks

Don Jording /

I want to thank you guys again I found out why it would not idle first there was no air filter on it and when I took the reeds out to check them there was a little button type piece of metal under one of the reeds it looks like it might have been the end of a old throttle cable it runs like a charm the tail light even work well thank again

70D

is ziggy still around. my carb on my bat is missing the bowl, other then that it os compete. frusteration!!

Don Pflueger /

its an encarwi carb, ike should be able to get a bowl.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account