is this normal

ive noticed that on my 2000targa lx in first gear its fine but when it shifts into 2nd mif im not goin dowm a slight hill it has basically no power. i know that havin 11,500 miles on it cant help but is it normal? o yeah im buyin a new exhaust for it, its completely stock so which one would work best and what jet 55?

Re: is this normal

anybody

bit-turbo is the best for the price..moped warehouse..and a 58 jet..most people say 56..but me and all my friends use 58..it has a higher top speed

See Ya Moped Army /

At 11,500 miles, it may be time for some new rings. Also check the piston and cylinder walls for scoring.

yes. do that and also your head and exhuast port could have a decent amount of carbon in them. so could your pipe, and changing that could help. not to mention the performance increase from the expansion chamber. unless you do decent modification to a tomos the bottom of 2nd usually has no power.

don't listen to people who say this and that about jets. it all depends on where you live and your elevation. ALWAYS buy a range of jets when doing engine modications and do plug chops to get it right. and also remember your engine burns richer as it gets colder outside.

now for the opinion. for a little more money, the tecno next is considerably better in all aspects then the bullet and biturbo exhuast. I can say this from true experience.

i want the techno but i can get a biturbo at a local ped shop and not have to wait for shipping. i plan on some new rings also. what do u recomend as a good oil/gas ratio my oil pump stopped workin so im mixin the gas and oil and know its should be 50:1 but what would u say for the mileage and everything considered

I would say maybe mix a little bit richer if your rings are a little worn. maybe 40:1. but that's just me. you should really rebuild it.

i heard that if i get a new piston/rings that i have to hone the cylindar. is this true? and if it is how do i do it

well.....I'm not gonna say you HAVE to. but it's a good idea. it's a small drill atachment with stones that polish the cylinder. it's not very hard but it would be a good idea to do.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account