Now I've Done it

While reattaching my Biturbo after changing the gasket,

I went and turned the nut on the exhaust stud a little too tight.

Thats right the damn thing sheared right in half, leaving the the exhaust 1/2 studless. It the loudest damn thing you've ever heard. It reverberates windows downtown. HA!

any way...I've a cut and die piece to try and remove the remains of the stud, but to no avail.

Is there a trick anyone knows, short of buying a new lower half?

Re: Now I've Done it

Timmy Southpark /

you could try to file a notch into it and twist it will a screw driver, and maybe try torching it, but ask others if that is safe first. dont scrap your cylinder for just that, there are tricks.

Ok I can help on this one!

Find a nut thats the right size and put it on the stud 1or2 threads and grab the mag and weld the middle the stud first! Then go to the nut should sound like eggs being fryed. I have fixed many things with this trick works well for me and a oldtimer showed me. Then turn the nut/stuf out should come right out, then order the right stud from the moped dealer of you choosing. I don't think this will hurt the cylinder or piston but ask the pro's!

Don Pflueger /

you can buy studs with a female end to thread onto whats left of your stud.

Don Pflueger /

sorry, i read this post wrong. i thought it was in the rear of the pipe.

I'm not sure what you can do...but everything that has been posted sound really confusing. There has got to be a better answer out there. Let me ask a mechanic friend and I'll get back.

Okay mojorisin it's time to get that eshaust bolt out of your manifold. Prop the front tire up high so you can get under the bike. Create a ring in the dirt with a stick (I hear spirals work well) and place some flowers, some lambs heads, and maybe some fruit in the center. Light some candles and get that "Mojo" rising and WILL that bolt out of there...THINK it out Mojo. You'll begin to see the bolt turn lefty loosey as you cox it with your fingers outstreched (fingers also turning to the left). This is a telekinetic, quantum physics trick I learned from a friend of mine who's into Nascar. Gook Luck!

just clamp some vice grips on it and twist it out

Jason Luther /

if there is enough of the bolt left on there, thread two nuts on, then use a wrench on the bottom nut (or the top one if youre turned upside down) and turn the stud out. the bolt on my morini broke so i just bought a long bolt at the hardware strore (that matched the threads) cut to length, and screwed it in the old hole.-jason

Okay time for the final solution. Get a small metal bit and drill right down the center of the screw aways (1/4 in). Then get a screw removal bit...looks like a dull, twisted bit with a tiny square tip. Screw that into the hole you drilled (I think with the bit turning counterclockwise) and as it goes in the screw comes out. A must have set of bits for any mechanic. There you have it.

Mojo figured all this out on his own...I'm just posting it for all to know.

well I'll tell you what I did for my scooter.

I took off all surround flamable peices (this was a cast iron cylinder) and took an oxyacyetlene torch and heat the exhuast port and surround area to red hot. then I used vice grips to turn the very few threads still sticking out. worked very good actually. I had actually broken a screw out off inside of it.

Troy Brown /

i got the same problem . check BROKEN EXHAUST BOLT post for a few more replys

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account