01 targa alittle jerky...big or small problem?

My tranny seems to be alittle jerky, esp at mid throttle. I fill it with dexron-III mercon fluid in the phillips head hole on the lower side of the cover where I was told to; then when it starts coming back out I tip the bike to the left 45o and top it off. Any quick Ideam or should I dig on in and look for problems? And if I do, should I replace the gasket or is gasket goo good for the goose and gander?

Re: 01 targa alittle jerky...big or small problem?

I'm not sure about your problems but you are definetely fillin it with tranny fluid incorrecty. if you take off the side panel and air filter you will see a small flathead screw or bolt, depending on if you have the a3 or a35. now you must remove that, remove the bottom plug, and drain the oil. then replace the bottom plug, and remove the phillips screw you are speaking of. keep the bike on a 90 degree angle as level as possible and fill until the oil just starts coming out of the hole. that is your fill line. then replace both screws/bolts and your ready to run!.

Thanks. Is that the right fluid (Dexron-III) to put in there?

Fuckin-A-Right...I just went out and did that shit you said Lonelycomicguy and it made a huge difference right away. Smooth quiet shift into second...no jerkiness. Thanks man, problem solved. I wish I could bake you guys some cookies or something.

I have to ask this guys, I was told by a local moped shop that atf +3 is used in them a35? I haven't put it in mine as me and my little brother is rebuilding the transmission when I get that done. What should I use Dexron-III or ATF +3? Plus is lucas transmission fluid ok?

Kucas is British oil, right?

I think it was originally designed to leak on the floor.

:)

Let's try that again!

Lucas is British oil, right?

I think it was originally designed to leak on the floor.

:)

Re: Let's try that again!

haha very nice cyberian. no problem man I love it when people are grateful. and I'm not sure about the tranny oil thing. just put dexron III (mercon) atf in an a35 tranny. I dont know if +3 is the same thing. just stick with what you know. that's what i would do.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account