The Numbers on my Puch Maxi carb dont match bike

I have a 1979 puch maxi luxe that i bought not running. I cleaned the carb and got it to run but it wouldnt idle or run right. It was seeming to be running to rich so my next thing was to check my jet sizes. Now my moped frame says maxi luxe 1.5hp, and my bing 12mm carb on its numbers match up to a 2hp maxi luxe using the chart on the site. What do i do and what jet should i order?

Re: The Numbers on my Puch Maxi carb dont match bi

Try to get the 79 Puch carb...or change the jet and do a bunch of plug test...checkin that color yo. What jet # is in there know?

Mike Gleick /

The jet in there now doesnt have any numbers or anything on it

Jason Luther /

the numbers are etched on the side of the jet. you should be in the low 60s for a 12mm. the carb numbers really dont matter much, all the carbs are interchangable. are you sure it even has a jet in it? jason

Mike Gleick /

Etched in the side of the little jet or the thing that it screws into?

Jason Luther /

the little jet. its kind of hard to see if its tarnished at all

Timmy Southpark /

unscrew the jet. Clean the jet, then use like a maginfiying lens and look at the # written on the side. It will say something like 56. If its running rich then you want a smaller jet, so order several and get a new plug and do a plug chop. dont worry about getting the orignal carb, cause they are the same except the jet.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account