filling the tranny

on my 2000 targa lx can i fill up the tranny untill it comes out of the fill hole on the top?

Re: filling the tranny

Bobby

I have a 2004 Targa. Do not fill the tranny up to the top. Completely drain the fluid from the drain hole on the bottom and pour in 300 ml of fluid into the top hole. The screw hole on the side is the check hole. When you are done filling, you can open the side hole. Allow any excess fluid to drip out, then replace the side and top bolts. The top fill hole is very small. You will need a small funnell or a very steady hand to fill it without spilling.

Don Pflueger /

the a35 holds 10 ounces of type a suffix a or type f atf fluid. ewmove the side screw when filling and only fill til it starts to run out. also make sure the bike is standing straight up and down when filling it.

yes. I recomend for the a35 atf dexron III because it is less abrasive then type f. it is better for the softer, cork clutches.

Check out my post right next to your "01 targa alittle jerky", the lonelycomicguy dialed me in.

haha. thanks matt.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account