cable problems

Troy Brown /

every time i change my carb setup ,the cables become frayed at the ends . can i braze or solder the ends to keep them from fraying (same thing with my clutch cable) i tried to cut them with wire cutters, but the cut flattens the cable, making it to big to fit in the holes, always leaving 1 or 2 strands on the outside when i pull the cable through. i end up having to snip the strands . what the secret?

Re: cable problems

Steve Murphy /

I use a cutoff wheel on my Dremel to trim cables. This is the best thing that I've been able to find for the job.

I've had mixed results using plumber's solder and flux to dress the ends; some cables like it, some don't.

Troy Brown /

would throttle and / or clutch cables from a TOMOS work on my MAXI? moped shop here, deal with TOMOS only .

Jason Luther /

i think most cables are universal, just see if the ends are similar (you may have to modify them a little). also the over all length of the cable is an issue, you dont want 2 extra feet of cable to coil up.

Troy Brown /

i used the Dremel on the cable today, works good, now i can cut my old frayed cables to the size i like. iam glade i didnt throw them away

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account