some1 help me out!

Iiiiiiiii Died /

alrite i have a 1996 tomos sprint , it has a raptor kit prima curcuit exhaust , k&n airfilter , i washed it like a week or so ago i fixed the problem by draining out some of the water from the clyinder , (piston area ) alrite i changed the plug today after tooling with it wouldnt start , but once again it starts with out the exhaust on , very strange! i can blow thru the exhaust fine so its not clogged and it has like 40 miles on the exhaust so i dunno i put a biturbo on and it does the same thing i was kinda annoyed so i just stuck a peice of pipe into the exhaust flange , ran fine but very loud and the pipe kept falling off lol , what do u think i can do about this exhaust related problem? i have always been told i will blow the engine if theres no exhaust on it so im gonna wait for some replys about how to fix it

Re: some1 help me out!

Don Pflueger /

last week it was a targa lx. this week its a sprint? sounds like you may be overjetted.

Steve Murphy /

Jake or the bike?!

Iiiiiiiii Died /

don , what jet should i use then? some1 told me a 92 but that seems high what do u think ?

Iiiiiiiii Died /

oops i did type in targa oh well , i have 3 projects rite now a 96 sprint a 95 0r 96 lx and a puch its confusing some times i put a smaller jet in and it doesnt run

Steve Murphy /

Plug chops. Read Fred's Guide. Should be easy to figure out.

Iiiiiiiii Died /

the plugs whitish thats bad as far as o know what jet to use?

Steve Murphy /

Well, my funny little friend, you'll have to experiment to find the right size.

Iiiiiiiii Died /

wow now this sucks i took out my jet and the throttle cable broke but still runs, alot better with 96 jet

Don Pflueger /

#55-#62 depending on plug chop results.

Don Pflueger /

what carb do you have? i cant find a delortto #96 to fit the sha 14/12.

Iiiiiiiii Died /

i have a 19mm delorto soon geting a 21mm once i fix it i found out my problem also some1 put 2 stroke / sugar or something corodible in my tank , using a j.c penney swinger tank now runs better but still getting over the crap ran thru the system would a fuel filter catch sugar and stuff if i put the tank back on?

Steve Murphy /

Jacob, Jacob, Jacob...

This story is starting to really get fishy.

Last week you said you drained the tank. Last week the Jet was a 72. Last week it was blowing water out of the exhaust after you washed it. Last week it was a different kind of bike.

Sorry, can't help you out when the story changes.

Remember this post:

alrite , i just installed a k&n filter i washed the bike and tryed to start it and it wouldnt i replaced the spark plug / drained the gas after about 3 hours of fustration then i take off the reed valve put the carb back on kick it over and water sprays out of the exhaust and not just a little water like 1 pint or better i was going what the hell! then i take off the exhaust kick it over and it starts i have no clue whats casuing it to do this , its a 96 targa with raptor kit when i put the exhaust on it wont run it just putts its a brand new prima curcuit exhaust , up jetted ro 72 can any1 help?

Iiiiiiiii Died /

steve , i changed the jet to 96 bcus thats what a kid i know said to do , im not really sure what jet to use i was told # 99 today ! by some dude that e-mailed me , it was blowing water out bcus water leaked into the engine , and got up into the exhaust some how , i had sugar or something in the tank when i drained it to change the jet size , i dont know whats up with my bike at this point , steve /donp can u tell me what size jet i should use , what color the plug should be if 19mm or 21mm is too big? please help me out with this its really annoying me when i read that ppls are saying im a liar bcus i typed the wrong thing in ,

" please help me out with this its really annoying me when i read that ppls are saying im a liar bcus i typed the wrong thing in ,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake -

You've been bullshitting people on this site for long enough.

With your history here, can you really blame anyone for questioning you?

You really need to grow up or shut up.

Timmy Southpark /

yeah, every week your working on something different. What is it, do you have too much time and like to harass people on the mopedarmy?

Iiiiiiiii Died /

james , do u mean dave?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account