timing on the 01 tomos?

Does anyone know a good resource for setting the timing on my 01 targa? If its up on the stand at full throttle, or ripping down a step hill, it does this...reeee ba ba reeeee ba ba ba reeee ba ba ba...thing. Is this a timing problem? On the down hill it just bogs at high speed... reeeeeee baaaaaa baaaaa... like it's not getting spark or fuel, and once I lose a good amount of speed it re-Engages and I'm off again. Any imput?

Re: timing on the 01 tomos?

that's just the ignition rev limiter.

What tha? The ignition rev limiter? How do I get rid of it?

Can I get rid of it? I race a fellow tomos rider all the time and he can only get me on the down hill because his doesn't bog out like that...I kill him on the uphill though. We live in Asheville, NC...a very hilly town so i gotta rid my bike of this problem so I can take advantage of the downhills.

Don Pflueger /

the '01 targa does not have a rev limiter. more than likely fuel starvaTION.

fuel starvation? I cleaned the jet last week and that put me on the road. What are some possibilities? It's got a air filter and the jet is a 53. Should I up jet?

Don Pflueger /

what exhaust do you have? fuel cap vent may be plugged up.

It's got a biturbo that's alittle dirty but not bad. The top tank has a locking device on the lid that I use a screw driver to turn the key hole and lock down. I'll try losening the cap and see if that does any thing. How do you clean out those biturbo exhaust...I've heard of burning them out? Thanks

Don Pflueger /

with the bi-turbo you should have the #55 or #56 jet. drill the rivets to take it apart. replacement packing and parts are available at moped warehouse.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account