General 5 Star w/ Minarelli wiring

i'm looking for a wiring diagram for a 1983 General 5 Star (toptank) w/ a minarelli V1 & factory turn signals. I have a copy of the diagram from mopedriders.org...but that one is for the step through model with a Sachs engine. I have a harness that is close to complete on my bike and am just trying to piece together the rest...if anyone has a repair manual for this bike that they could part w/ i am interested....

Thanks in advance

Pat

Re: General 5 Star w/ Minarelli wiring

Yo Pat- that has the turn signals right?? I may have something close to it that may match up. I'll have to check.

BK

See Ya Moped Army /

Here's the first of 2 diagrams...

MoPedLar

1099396180_generalwiring1.jpg

See Ya Moped Army /

Here's the second diagram

MoPedLar

1099396266_generalwiring2.jpg

Patrick Turner /
pat OP

MoPedLar......thanks for the diagrams. They look correct...i'm a little confused about item #6 on the second diagram the "load resistor". I seem to be missing it but was thinking i could get somthing from radio shack to do the task. I know a V1 is 6 volts at 25 watts max. load...so it would seem the resistor should be rated similar? Also, what is the "rear stop s.w." it's item Q on the first diagram? I dont have that on my bike either. Thanks alot for the help so far...

-Pat

I think the rear stop sw (switch?) is the little doo-hicky that the brake wires plug into. I could be wrong though.

BK

See Ya Moped Army /

I am not the best person to answer technical electrical questions, but I do know that "rear stop s.w." is the rear brake light switch that is screwed into your rear brake control assy.

Patrick Turner /
pat OP

ok so i have the majority of my wiring figured out....the only confusion i have left is the white wire on the second diagram that comes out of the harness by the battery...it doesn't go anywhere on the diagram and does the same on my ped...anyone have a clue where this wire goes? Thanks everyone...

-Pat

Patrick Turner /
pat OP

anyone..white wire..sizzle.

Patrick Turner /
pat OP

........ditka

No idea man. Does everything work on it?? If it does just ignore the wire.

Patrick Turner /
pat OP

i'm figuring everything works, all ,my wires seem to go w/ the diagram & i have a spark...it just seems like alot of peeps have the same bike so i thought sombody would know...i actually have the bike in my apt too so i havent taken it out to ride again to see if they are all workin now. Busy azz schedules suck.

I hear that.

Pat:

I totally gutted mine and started over. It's been interesting...

The load resister, I found out, is used to maintain ground, even when the brakes lights are on. I ask Handy Bikes about that earlier this week. You may have it wired differently though.

I was reading the Minarelli V1 service manual today at MRA and noticed it mentions that one coil in the minarelli is 6 volt, and the other is 12 volt. I thought it was interesting b/c it mentions that the primary ignition coil (12 V) is to be used for accessories as well as to power the high tension coil (for the spark plug). (see page 10)

http://www.mopedriders.org/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=23

Do you have any accessories running off the 12 Volt circuit?

rob

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account