DUDE THIS IS URGENT> I NEED YA"LLS HELP!!

Aight i reassembleb my suzuki fa50 cylinder back together..... i screwed the cylinder head back on... i tryed starting it, after i couldnt get it started i took a break, i came back to find out that i cant move the kick start ....Damn!...i took of the head to look ats what wrong... i looks like the piston is stuck in the cylinder.... it moves with the clylinder back and forth so nothing is locked up... it seems to be stuck, but sometimes the piston will move foward in the cylinder but will not budge out......has this ever happened to you guys??? how do i get it out? i tried hammering prying and stuff. but i t wont work! help!

Re: DUDE THIS IS URGENT> I NEED YA"LLS HEL

Jason Luther /

is it the same piston and rings and everything? did you make sure the ring ends where straddling the pins in the piston ring grooves?

i may have put the ring upside down, but now how do i get it out?

Hammering, prying is VERY bad... Engines are balanced, and spec'd very cautiously! Just take your time...

ut how do i get it out? it seems to be stuck on the exhaust hole.

Jason Luther /

try to compress the rings as you slide the piston out. if worst comes to worst (and they are easily gotten) grab the ring with pliers and break it (it should be pretty easy), then you should be able to compress it enough to get it out. a $10 swet or ring is cheaper than a wreched cylinder.

how do i compress the rings if there stuck in the cylinder?

Don Pflueger /

push in on it with a screw driver thru the port. when you get it apart, turn your piston around to the correct position.

i got it out by doing a method with the clutch nut....but thats as far as getting it totaly out im not ther yet....its a couple ot mm out of the cylinder....past the exhaust hole.....but i dont know how to get it out from there...can someone help? its harder to get pit then just a screw driver and hammer ....im really worried bout this opne guys... i need some info quick

Ben Elsewhere /

soak the whole thing in motor oil if you can before doing anything more, a little lubrication getting in there would be a lot better than metal on metal for the health of your cylinder, etc.

how ong should it soak?

Will 1040 motor oil work? i long should it soak?, and when it does soak , how do i get it out after?

Don Pflueger /

use penetrating oil. then place a small block of wood between the cylinder and engine block, then use another block of wood in the cylinder to push the piston out. if its stuck that bad, your gonna need a new piston and cylinder anyway so dont worry about damage.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account