bad condensor checking

Brett Walker /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have only done this a couple times so I am not totally sure, but I have done it on dansi and bosch condensors, a morini and a puch,

use an ohm meter and check to see if they are getting consistent readings, you will probably have to remove the stator from the shaft and place a socket that fits over the back of the condensor and lightly tap it, it should fairly easily knock it out of place, make sure you dont damage it, then use an ohm meter and place one of the wires on the side and one on the top, check the reading then switch the wires, and use the other on top and other on side, do this a few times and remember the readings, if it gets the same consistent reading everytime, it should be fine, but if the readings is low, and intermitent its probablu no good, i am fairly certain handy bikes has replacments for it, a search of the forums may lend a little more info on this, but this is pretty much how i have been instructed by numerous people to do it,

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account