PUCH intellectuals: ZA50 spark issues

Patrick Turner /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

ok...i'm trying to put a za50 on an Magnum MKII...for the life of me i cannot get a spark...i've rewired it fully to spec and no luck...i then re-did the wiring for just the ignition to work (blue from stator to blue from coil/ brown from coil grounded/grn & blk from stator grounded) and still no luck...i gapped and regapped/cleaned the points/ changed coils...etc. My last idea is that perhaps the points (or stator plate) just need to be replaced. Then i realized that when the flywheel is turned counterCW the drive gear spins the same way! What? Isn't that wrong? AHHHHHHH...i'm so amazingly close to forever turning my back on Puch and becoming a full-time Minarelli fan. Any help/ ideas/ insight would be greatly appreciated. Now i must go ride my lovely, reliable V1 powered ped to chill.....

Thanks,

Pat

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account