Vespa Si electrical issues

I bought a Si recently and to my utter delight, the previous owner decided to rip out all the wires and try and redo them. I can't get this SOB to spark at all. All of the diagrams I have seen for the Si are nothing like on my bike (I've seen em all-so I don't need to see another). I just want to hot wire it since I'm removing the lighting because it will be a race bike. Sooooo what needs to go to the coil and what else needs to be gounded?? Thanks in advance

BK

Re: Vespa Si electrical issues

I can't help you with the wiring....but I may be interested in buying some of the lighting stuff you don't need....I need the grey tail light plastic bracket and the headlight and speedo assembly...

I'll think about it. I've discovered that parts for the Si's are hard to come by, and I ever want to put them back on, I'll be screwed. I'll let you know though.

I got it last night. Thanks all.

BK

I know some Vespa Si mopeds had CDI, does yours?

Nope. Good ol points. I think the later models did (1986?) but mine is an '80 with ol' skool technology.

BK

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account