77 vespa ciao

Blaise Margherito /

I had posted many times before in the hopes of getting my moped to work and I did, but another problem has occured. I have another problem with the engine starting. I cleaned the points and I have a brand new spark plug in it, what else could be causing the problem?

Thanks

Re: 77 vespa ciao

1.Is the moped you are referring to the Vespa Ciao pictured in your profile?

2. Have you ever had the moped started and running?

3. Do you have spark?

Go RESOURCES, ARTICLES, Freds Guide and go through it to troubleshoot why your moped won't start.

If you answer the 3 questions I ask, it will help us, help you fix your moped

Blaise Margherito /

1. Yes it is the vespa in my profile

2. Yes it has Started and ran a while ago

3. I dont have spark anymore but there is a brand new plug it

Could be points and condenser need to be replaced.

First check the two ground wires on top of the engine. One is red (lights) and the other is blue/black or Black. If the black (or blue/black)wire is not connected you won't get spark.

Also make sure your spark plug cap is screwed securely onto the wire. Make sure the wires going the back of the coil are plugged in securely to the coil.

Very rare that coil goes bad.

Bruce Wilkinson /

Check your brake / tail light is not burnt out.

Blaise Margherito /

I checked all the wires and they were fine. Also, the tail light was working fine.

Blaise Margherito /

Does anyone know where I can get coil points, a condenser, and a Fly wheel puller?

Thanks

Bruce Wilkinson /

Zippy mopeds has Vespa parts.

Curtis Onstott /

I'm assuming that the kill switch is not on and the ignition switch is in good condition?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account