Re: CT70 type STATOR problem

Ray West /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ah the Chaly, Hondas answer to the Yamaha Chappy. I have a few questions for you then I can probably help you out, I have worked on probably 50 plus of these Honda motors of this style. First, are you 100% sure that the coil itself is good? They can go bad. Second are you 100% sure all conections are good? coil to wire, wire to harness, harness to battery. You should be able to replace the coil pretty easy with another one off of another bike, is the CT70 coil to big or too small? Honda was cheap and used the same parts for many bikes, if they are too big you may want to look at a 50 or 65cc motor coil, too small look at a 90cc coil, I have 50's a 90 and I think a 70 right now I can measure. What size is your motor actually? Is it 65 or 70? Is it manual clutch, auto clutch or 1 speed?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account