help?

Iiiiiiiii Died /

alrite , i just installed a k&n filter i washed the bike and tryed to start it and it wouldnt i replaced the spark plug / drained the gas after about 3 hours of fustration then i take off the reed valve put the carb back on kick it over and water sprays out of the exhaust and not just a little water like 1 pint or better i was going what the hell! then i take off the exhaust kick it over and it starts i have no clue whats casuing it to do this , its a 96 targa with raptor kit when i put the exhaust on it wont run it just putts its a brand new prima curcuit exhaust , up jetted ro 72 can any1 help?

Re: help?

Iiiiiiiii Died /

also , it has a 36 in back and 18 upfront if that helps , i bored out the exhaust as much as possible , bored out the intake to 17mm it runs with no exhaust , right now the compressions at 140 l have no clue whatsup with this thing i stuck a peice of tubing in as the exhaust and it runs ok but bogs at his speeds

Jake! I am not sure what the problem is, but you never wash a bike with filter like that, you have to put a plastic bag on the filter! If that happened, that means the water got through the cylinder, and it might cause problems.

Iiiiiiiii Died /

thanks ill look at it

Don Pflueger /

a #72 carb jet? 18 in front? 36 in rear? those numbers dont sound right. tomos only uses a 25, 26, and 31 tooth sprocket in the front. and maybe a 24, but i'm not sure.

anyway, drain the water out of your exhaust.

Iiiiiiiii Died /

i drained water out of my exhaust , i changed the gearing wich isnt working well

Iiiiiiiii Died /

the filter looked to be water tight but i quess not

Don Pflueger /

yea but i still dont see how you got an 18 on the front. the locating pin wouldnt line up. and an 18 would have the chain riding where the locatin pin is.

Steve Murphy /

DonP, don't cloud the issue with the facts!

18/36 sounds more like a Puch. Doesn't Tomos usually a larger front and smaller rear? I think that's what I remember hearing.

BK

Steve Murphy /

He said it's a Tomos Targa, but with Jake you never know. He tends to say things and change his story over time.

Don Pflueger /

sorry!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account