Tomos rattles at 35

I have been trying to find the source of an annoying rattle that occurs on my Tomos (600 miles, BiTurbo) This rattle starts when I approach 35. Below 35, it disappears.

I checked all the screws on the fairings, disconnected the speedometer, checked all the bolts, and this did not eliminate the rattle.

I recorded the sound on a 20 second wave file attached. The sound can be heard at the 10 second mark and again as I slowed down.

Does anyone have an idea of what this rattle is?

Ken

Re: Tomos rattles at 35

Don Pflueger /

three areas cause the buzzing sound. the front fairing, the side panels just below the tank, and the shroud around the cylinder head.

Thanks Don, I am glad to hear my motor is not about to explode! Maybe some other day.

yep that is definetely just plastics. you'd know if it was your engine. haha

See Ya Moped Army /

Besides using rubber washers on all the screws, the best thing I did was to screw down the bracket (to the frame) that attaches to both sidecovers. I think it was Don who suggested it. It has cut down the noise considerably

I hate those stupid side panels by the gas tank. I dunno how anyone can stand them.

Don Pflueger /

yep. that was my cure on my lx. it stopped the cracking of the upper screws and pulled the side covers away from the gas tank some.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account