'80 Honda Express II Electrical Problems

Jason Rundle /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have a 1980 Honda Express II, and my headlight bulb just went dead. I bought the scooter about 4 months ago. I bought a new battery when I bought the bike, so that is brand new.

This is where it gets weird. Even with the new battery, the turn signals blink like once and then stay on unless I'm going full speed, then they might blink twice and stay on. My left signal is the only on that makes a dying cat like whine as a blinker indicator. And that also stays on when I have the blinker on. My right indicator makes no sound at all. 2 days ago I noticed my low beam was out and yesterday my high beam also went out. What do I need to do to get these things to function properly. Do I need a new "alternator" which is causing my battery to run dead, which burned out my light with low voltage? If thats the case, is this also causing my abnormal blinker function?

Would a replaceable headlight system be my best bet for replacement?

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Jason

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account