Tomos Oil Injection

I have 2 2004 Tomos mopeds (one Targa and one targa LX). The one I bought new (the Targa) has a slight amount of smoke from the exhaust when it is cold. The LX does not have any smoke. How do I know it is getting the proper amount of oil? Should I get a little smoke when it starts?

Re: Tomos Oil Injection

Don Pflueger /

you dont know. the best you can do is mix up a 50:1 gas/oil mix and then unplug the oil line from the intake manifold, plug up the banjo fittingon the manifold, and run the engine to see if the pump is working. never rely on tomos oil injectors.

The kid who had it before me was using some kind of red 2 cycle oil. Having never seen a red 2 cycle oil, I drained it out of the tank and added some Synthetic oil (blue). The red stuff was still in the lines. I have run it for a few miles and I can see the blue stuff on the top of the line, but at the bottom of the line, it is still red.

Is there a red 2 cycle oil (it was sweet smelling)? How long should it take for the new oil to get through the line?

Thanks

Jeff

Don Pflueger /

its probably redline brand oil.color does not matter. its just a dye. the pump pushes a 50:1 mix which takes a long time to use up the oil.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account