Moped Tires

I just bought some Sawa tires on-line. They were more expensive than the other brand (they did not give a name) but still pretty cheap. Are they any good? I do not see much in the way of posts about them.

Jeff

Re: Moped Tires

Don Pflueger /

sava, kenda, andbridgestone are the best tires for mopeds/motorcycles. cheng shins are garbage.

Yeah, I beleive you called them Cheng Shits in one of your past posts. I assumed that the cheaper brand on line was probably the Cheng Shin or the Slovanian tires that came on the ped.

Thanks for the info,

Jeff

Don Pflueger /

cheng shin is probably one of the biggest tire manufacturers out there. but they are so horribly constructed that i wouldnt use one for land fill.

racing tires?

What are some good tires for racing mopeds?

Re: racing tires?

The ones I bought are supposed to be rated for over 60MPH. Not sure how fast a racing moped goes.

I found some Parelli tires in the 2.5 X 16 size for my moped. I don't think there is a better tire. The only problem is I think they only make this size in the moped range and primarily put it on the Aprilia motorcycle.

All of the Vespa mopeds I have seen for sale have the original Parelli tires on them, usually not worn out, just old and weathercracked, and some are still good! Wish they(Parelli) still made them in more sizes!

What, specifically, is wrong with the construction of Chen Shin tires. Just wondering...

Pirellis are hot but hard as hell to get. My ped had them originally and I ordered some but they messed up the order. I got one moped tire and one scooter tire, when I called they had sold them all out. I put it on the back to replace the old Pirelli. Nice feel.

ML75 is the model. they only come in 16" in 2.5 and 2.75 width.

Matthew Westberg /

Yeah, my Motobecane still has the original Michelin tires from the factory 25 years ago.

They're pretty bald though and weather-cracks are starting to creep right down the centre of the tire, so I ordered new ones. Too bad, it was fun freaking peopel out by telling them how old my tires were, but I think I'd rather stay alive, my traction is TERRIBLE right now. In rain? Forget it!

LOL Had to get motorcycle tires for my size - 2.25 x 17 - because they said that size is discontinued for mopeds. I'm sure I could've hunted online for the right tires, but it's just easier to order them from the Tomos dealer here.

Got mine from cyclewareables

http://www.cyclewareables.com/pages/just_scooter_images/just_scooter_images/ml75tire.gif

They were $67 for two delivered, but it did take awhile!

Don Pflueger /

ive seen lots of problems with them. the side walls are usually a one ply which makes them too thin. ive seen tires where the bead is a largerdiameter on one side which makes it impossible to seat the tire. ive never seen one that is round. i think every cheng mold is oval shaped. they never want to stay seated in a rim. every bicycle and moped i get with cheng shin tires on it, that is the first thing i throw away and replace them with kendas.

Edward Edwards /

The absolute "WORST" tire ever made is a HWA-FONG. They started to crack apart before you put them on, I put one on then took it off and threw it as far as I could. I'm not going to tell you where I bought them because I still do business with him, but I won't buy tires from him. Just remember, you pay for what you get

Don Pflueger /

cheng probably made those for fong lol.

I got what I think was a great deal on the Pirelli M-75's. I bought a pair from a company in Tucson, Az. They offer free shipping if you buy a pair. Their name is Southwest Moto tires. Their web address is:

www.swmototires.com

I don't have my receipt handy, but I think they were $18.95 each including shipping. Check 'em out.

The Pedhead

I found that tire company...they dont currently have the 2.5 X 16, but do have the 2.75 X 16 and they are $28.95 with free shipping. Still a good deal. For $19 ea I was going to buy some for the shelf!

Do the 2.75 X 16 fit on a Tomos?

My manual says to use 2.25 X 16.

I understand that I can fit on a 2.5 but a 2.75????

The widder the better for leaning low into the turns.

Thanks

Re: How low can you lean in a turn?Moped Tires

Ben Van Zoest /

before it breaks loose I mean with a wider tire..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account