HELP..Startup

Whenever I ride my 1978 Cimatti City Bike and I shut it off for a couple of minutes and come back to ride it again..it wont start! I will be trying to start it for attleast 5-10 minutes. Does anyone know how to help my ped start right up? HELP!!

HELP..Startup

I assume that you have already exhausted all the tips in "Fred's Guide", eh?

Re: HELP..Startup

Just a guess but if you have a coil on your engine that may be the cause. When they get hot they are hard to start again until it all cools off.

Correction. When they are about to go bad they are hard to crank until it cools off.

Andy Kochvar /

Check your wire connections at the terminal. May not be getting full spark

yes many times a bad coil will not work when it is hot.

this goes for your condensor also. check them all out.

I am having the same thing happen to my 1980 Tomos Bullet. When it gets hot, I pull the brake, light comes on, engine goes off. This only happens at idle, or when I go from a good full-throttle run to a stop, it dies, not just when I pull the brakes, but it does it really bad then. This sucks bad, I have to pedal off the road when the light turns green with a car behind me.

For some reason or another, an old lawn boy we had used to do the same thing, a shot of starter fluid always got it running again, and the old mower wasnt worth fixing beyond that, always worth a try.

yeah get an ohm tester and check the life of the condensor on the stator plate,

hey i noticed your in maine, how far away from portland are you

Alex Mackay /

idk how many miles I live from Portland? I live south of it in Sanford.

Justin Brownell /

my 77 city bike is doing the same thing. let me know how yours is working out. I am going to check the condensor. but im not quite sure how you do that. You can get ignition coils from mopedwarehouse.com for 25 bucks.

thanks Justin

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account