tomos wont run warm

Danny Emerson /

i have an 84 tomos bullet a3 engine encarwi(spelling?) carb.......runs like a spotted butt ape cold but after running full throttle for 6 miles or so after ya shut er down she wont run again till she cools down to the point as if she hadnt been run at all all day.....what do i do? points sticking when hot? need new carb? carb is very simple as you probly know, no idle air screw, manual choke on throttle, no gas air mix screw. so i dont know what else to do. so somone please give me a hint. and thanx fer yer time. -------danny

Re: tomos wont run warm

Don Pflueger /

when it wont start, does it have spark?

I have a 1980 Tomos Bullet, It does the same thing but worse. It is really bad when I pull up to a light when it is good and warm, and pull my brakes. I hear from many people that my condenser is bad. They told me that if there are arcs between the points when its running, then the condenser is definitely bad. The condenser stores the electric until the points open. Then releases it. Your Tomos has the same engine and everything as mine. I'd try that. I'm working on my getting my condenser right now. It will only get worse. If it turns out to be the condenser, try to find a flywheel puller.

Don Pflueger /

brock, change your points too while your in there. they will be pitted and burned.

Danny Emerson /

last time i checked that was so

Don Pflueger /

test for spark and get a compressionreading.

before all that, make sure your tank is venting proper like.

ride a bit with the gas cap off, see if that helps.

it's free and no time.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account