and shake it as hell

works well for me

g.b.

Re: help me

Morgan Walsh /

rocks in a gas tank i dont know sounds sketchy

http://mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=1&i=101700&t=101679

search "rusted gastank" there's a ton of info on this subject.

Paul -

You should be canonized!

I can't believe that you have the patience to do searches for so many people.

There is a 'Search' option at the top of the page that no one seems to use.

i did this- and it worked

swish some BB's around in the tank with some kerosene

then flush it out with water, repeat- then flush it out a coupel times

nick

Use limestone rocks, as johnnyd said. Limestone is a natural filter of nature. I have used it a bunch when cleaning out gas tanks. It works great. Just be sure you get all the rocks out. Either that or there is some kind of stuff you can buy that is called "??Kreme??" or something like that. It is a 3 step stuff. I hear it works great.

i know it, but no one seems to use it....

don't use rocks!

go to home depot or whatever, get some small screws, like 1 inch or smaller, dump em in wit some gas, shake it up.

ryan -

Why would screws be better than roxks?

Just curious.

Morgan Walsh /

i just want to know how to go about all this i mean how do i get them out and stuff - thanx

Jason Luther /

if its a built in tank, your options are kind of limited. unless you can shake 120lbs over your head. if its only a little rusted, live with it and get an in-line fuel filter from a lawn mower place.-jason

yes. if it is removable, DON'T USE ROCKS OR CHAIN THESE GUYS ARE RETARDED. haha nah I'm joking guys.

but really, use some really small guage chain. that way you can't accidentally leave one in there.

and don't flush the tank with water.

This works well...get some naval jelly clean up the rust inside..then buy some neutralizer. and flip the moped upside down and back around to coat it. the rust will be coved in a hard surface that is harmless to gasoline. ( I have had to do this procedure 3 time on 3 old bikes)

Morgan Walsh /

is there any type of liquid like CREAM that works good and oh ya its a puch maxi were talking about so no i cant take off the tank

Yes...Naval jelly, and ask someone for a rust neutralizer

Morgan Walsh /

how do you get it out of the tank

I used Naval Jelly on some rusted parts on my outboard and it worked awesome. Never heard of using rocks or screws or chains, but that would probably work too. It would just be hard to get them out of the tank. I think you can clean up the Naval Jelly with gas. Make sure you where gloves. Its nasty stuff!!

I just checked my Navel Jelly jar and it says to rinse it out with water. I guess if you use the Navel Jelly Rust Neutralizer the water would'nt harm anything. I am not really sure.

Jeff

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account