riverside throttle stuck???

Liberty Straney /

ok i finally got it to start but iwhen i took the carb off to clean it the throttle calble thing where it connects to the carb popped out so i didn't get a good look at how it was supposed to be - now it starts but the throttle seems to be jammed open because it revs all the way up and turning the throttle on the handle bar doesn't do anyhthing - is the problem at the handle bar end or did i screw up something on the end where it connects to the carb? i am new to this so what is it that the throttle controls exactly? i mean what does the throttle do to affect speed?

Re: riverside throttle stuck???

Im going to forward this question to Joe Purshock, he is our inhouse Benelli/Wards/MotoGuzzi/ etc guru too see what he says, I will post he reply for ya.

forgot to add, which Riverside do you have? Model and Year...

Jason Luther /

you have a dellorto carb. which are on a million other peds. the end of the cable has a little nub on it that connects to the carb 'slide' #6590 on picture.it should not go through the spring! so twisting the throttle grip, pulls the cable and thus lifts that slide up, letting in more air. if your carb is super dirty, or the throttle is super dirty, the slide might not return properly. also your cable may just need to be adjusted. us the threaded sleave #6650 to adjust the tension, or there may be a similar thing at the throttle. make any sense?-jason

1097889806_dellorto.jpg

Ben Van Zoest /

Speed is affected by air passing the injectors, more air more fuel, the air control slide appears to be stuck in the upper position as happens when the throttle cable became disengaged.

Jason Luther /

the spring in the carb will hold the slide closed, the cable must be bound up somewhere, holding the throttle open.

Liberty Straney /

thanks a lot - that helps - i think i will be able to figure it out now...its a 1965 riverside(50cc)...i just ordered some parts form joe atually - i should have asked him.

Did you "talk" to Joe? He's a well of knowledge that man is...and funny as all get out. There's not a day that goes by that he doesnt have me on the floor rolling about some old story.

BZ

Jason Luther /

get that beast rolling! of my collection, the riverside is the best ride.-jason

Liberty Straney /

ha ha - i've only communicated with joe by email but now that i know i'll call next time i need a part! by the way, i fixed the throttle.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account