Tomos Chain Adjustment

I have noticed that the nuts on the chain adjusters seem to loosen up on me a little. I loosened them the other day to mess with the chain tension and now they seem to be backing off a little. Any way to keep them tight. I was going to try a lcok washer, but that might impede the operation of the adjuster.

Re: Tomos Chain Adjustment

Troy Brown /

same thing just happend to me while riding. some how it came loose ,and now my brand new raised white letter turbo tire looks like a whitewall from scraping the swingarm(maxi) how do we fix this??

Don Pflueger /

loc-tite. you should have cam typeadjusters on an lx. the only nuts should be the ones on the axle.

excellent idea!! I had not thought of using that. I think I even have some. I noticed that they are almost at the end of their adjustment. I guess the chain got stretched out some when the sprocket went bad. I should probably get a new one.

Don Pflueger /

the stretched out chain made the sprocket bad. thats how teeth wear down. the rollers get unevenly spaced when thechain stretches and as the sprocket turns the rollers land on the sprocket tips first then slide down into the valleys. when replacing one, you should always replace both. and i always try to buy the o'ring type chain. it holds its lubrication in longer and seems to outlast most typical chains. its expensive to buy, but when you end up replacing chains and sprockets at much longer intervals, it pays for itself in the long run.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account