Re: Tomos Pedals

Don Pflueger /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

thanks for the votes of confidence guys. i'm just passing on what ive learned over the last few years wrenching on peds. i like to be honest with people and i hate seeing anyone get ripped off. it pays me back like tenfold.

a good example.

this 80 year old woman down my street asked me to take a look at her old sears lawn tractor yesterday and give her an estimate to fix an oil leak. she had it at sears the previous summer for the same problem and they charged her $400+ to fix it. and its still leaking oil. so i went to her house and looked at it. it has the old 11 hp briggs engine in it. they are notorious for leaking on the front side of the engine oil pan. no fix for these is gauranteed because its a bad design flaw. i told her i could fix it for $100, but i couldnt gaurantee it would last more than 2 years. i didnt want to take her money.

well she called me up today to thank me for being honest and told me she went to home depot and bought a new tractor. then she said to come get hers. its like brand new, i'll just have to tear the engine down and seal it up as best i can. my personal tractor has the same engine and ive had to redo the pan gasket 3 times now in 9 years. i'm gonna give her something for the tractor tho. she needs a small walk behind mower, so i have a nice one i'm going to donate to her.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account