Non-returning trottle grip..

Ben Van Zoest /

Hello, has anyone a solution. The Italian made DOMINO throttle grip doesn't spring back upon release. I believe the carburator slide restore spring is not enough. Is there an internal spring in the grip assisting back rotation?

I have NO parts page for this grip. T.Y.

Re: Non-returning trottle grip..

Jason Luther /

check the set screw (on the bottom side of grip near 'neck) it may be a little snug not letting it return. did you ride in the rain? try a tiny shot of wd40 under the grip.-jason

use some grease under the grip

nick

See Ya Moped Army /

The cable could be binding as well.

Not sure if you have this type of Throtlle control but if you do,

unscrew the smaller screw on top of the throttle assembly so you can slide the throttle handle outwards toward the end of the handle bar tip a little. You should she a coil spring with a 90 degree bend in the wire. This is supposed to slip in a notch on the front of the throttle assembly. If it is properly secured , the throttle should snap back.

See part #13 on the attached pic

1097439577_dominogarelli.jpeg

Ben Van Zoest /

Thanks, Zippy that's what I suspected the picture help a lot, fixed. I had lubed the cable and grove etc. before, did very little to alleviate the problem.....

Hey Bernard, aren't you an IBMer?

Do youi remember 024s, 402s/407s, 604s, 082s, 085s

How about 1401, 1620.

It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that spring ....

My tomos has cruise controll!!!!!. The throttle stickes at wide open but just touch the throttle and itll un stick. Nice in the colder weather usin yer other hand to warm up.

Ben Van Zoest /

Nope, TRW, Raytheon, Lockeed Martin

Zippy -

Were you a FE for IBM?

I was a CE in the Office Products Division.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account