need help, agin for a mopped vespa ciao 1975

Erick Golden /

Hy everyone need some help for my moped vespa ciao 1975. it won't start. spark plug is new, fuel flow is ok, point's are ok time is good but it does'nt make fire. is there a way to check if the coil is ok or not ? . and a other questions, is there some one who know if that model was equip whit flasher when it was build ? because I have to past a control before I put it on the road

thank,s again and a photo is coming soon.

Re: need help, agin for a mopped vespa ciao 1975

Leon Swarmer /

have you looked for spark with the plug out of the cylinder?

Are you asking about turn signals as original equipment?

need help, agin for a mopped vespa ciao 1975

I agree 100% with Leon, to check the spark before you do anything else.

I am quite sure that a 1975 Vespa Ciao did 'not' come with blinkers (turn signals) when it was new.

If that's not true, someone please correct me.

The Deluxe Ciao came with turn signals, The standard model did not.

Check for a Black ground wire that should be grounded to the top right side of the engine case. There is a red one (lights ground) opposite it on the left side. If this isn't the problem check the following,

Put a multimeter on the violet wire coming out of the engine and check the voltage there when you crank it over. It is AC volts and should be around 3-6V.

Make sure the spark plug cap is screwed securely on the spark plug wire. Look up inside the cap make sure it is not corroded.

Does your Ciao have a swicth on top of the Headlight? If it does that is also an ignition switch and must be ON in addition to the one on the right handle bar.

Erick Golden /

yes and there's no spark even when it's out

yes , original ? was there some???

Erick Golden /

hye , and thank's for your info for the turn signal but for the fir i check whith the spark plug remove and near the head and it did not make no spark

Leon Swarmer /

The spark plug can't be just near the head. It must be grounded to the head. held against it, but not screwed in.

Erick Golden /

i have to speak to you in private. there a lot of thing that i do'nt understand. i'm new whith motorcycle. if you have some time. hey I'm 34 years old whith a new baby and i'm traying to relaxe whith the moped but i don't rely understand own the motor and the rest of the stuff work.

p.s. i live in trois-rivieres quebec

thanks

Erick Golden /

i done it but it still won't make a spark sorry for the tipping but a have my 4 weeks son on me

Bruce Wilkinson /

Bonjour, I have a 72 Ciao. I had the same no spark problem as you have. Mine had a wire in the magneto worn right through from rubbing on the turning cam. The engine had to come out and the flywheel removed to get at the magneto coils and wires. I soldered the wire together and put insulation around the solder joint and made sure that the wire was not touching the cam when reinstalled. It's been good ever since. Good luck. bruce in Toronto

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account