Tomos Brake Light

Alright...

I got a fix-it ticket the other night for my brake light and tail light. Well I took my moped home, checked it out. I got my tail light working, but not my brake light. I think the bulb is out, so i'm gonna get one. Anything else I can check just incase it's shorting out or something?

Also, how do I remove the brake light to replace it? I have a 2004 Tomos Targa.

Re: Tomos Brake Light

To be sure if the bulb is working or not try switching them. You will then know 2 things. One if the bulb is blown. Two if there is a short.

It's probably a blown bulb.

Rob

Don Pflueger /

should be just a push and twist bulb. you may want to check the switches on the brake levers.

Alright, I got my bulbs. (I bought both a tail light and a brake light) I went out and replaced them, and started it up. At first it didnt work - neither of them. Then I kind of jostled the moped a little bit, bumped the light "fixture" and it started working - the tail light anyway - the brake light still doesn't work. Any ideas?

I know someone suggested the switches - where are those switches?

Don Pflueger /

they are on the brake levers, near the handlebar. they are covered by a rubber boot. look just below where the brake cables come out of the perches.

Okay, i got the brake light working, it was the connections by the brake levers, they were falling off.

Now I need the tail light to work... it works every once and a while but not always....

Don Pflueger /

sounds likea loose connection or a bad bulb.

Well I changed the bulb, so it must be a loose connection - but I can't seem to find it?

Any tips on places to look?

Thanks for all the help so far, i'm mechanically challenged.

Don Pflueger /

well, if the brake light doesnt work intermittently, then the problem is somewhere from the tail light bulb socket up into thewire harness. but if the brake light is intermittent, then i would check the ground wire where it meets the fender or the frame. that is a common problem area and both lights share thesame ground. but if only one light is having problems, then the actual problem is somewhere at or before the light socket.

Alright guys... no luck finding my keys so i set out to find a new gas cap.

I found 6 on Mopedwarehouse. 2 Locking, and 2 not.

Now my Targa obviously had a locking one, do I need to replace it with a locking one, or could I get one that doesn't lock?

Also, there is two different types of locking caps.

One says for tomos tanks, one says for tomos TOP tanks.

What's the difference, and which is the best choice?

Thanks for all the help so far.

Don Pflueger /

i wouldnt get a locking cap. you'll be out riding someday and be low on gas and pull into a station and then realize you forgot your key at home.

the top tank is a larger cap.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account