Rear wheel wobble...

Ben Van Zoest /

Around curves the rear wheel does not track, seems something is loose. Scarry, feels like a low tire but tire is at 37psi. Wheel bearing endplay is correct axle, nuts tight. What gives?

Re: Rear wheel wobble...

mabye your swingarm is a little lose.?

Ben Van Zoest /

I was thinking the same. I see no frame bolt that holds the arm on...

my qt50 did that as well. I found out that the spokes were loose, I tightened them, and it doesnt wobble any more

nick

Ben Van Zoest /

The ped is quite new, I checked the spokes they are tought.

The tire may be bad. if one side is weak, it messes up your handling. If not.......

Take a string and touch the sidewalls of the rear tire as you stretch it forward past the front sidewalls.If the string won't align with the front sidewalls, you have a misaligned rear wheel. don-ohio

Ben Van Zoest /

Can't be, awhile ago the rear wheel needed a new inner tube and had both replaced at the same time. I checked lateral wheel alignment w/ a 8" straight edge and vertical alignment to frame w/ framing square. Perfect trueness.

The squeegly movement, feels like a very low tire, no difference before the new tires were installed. Weight of rider is less than 150lb. In the Maxi's recondioning process I torqued all bolts and nuts to factory specs.

Guess will have to slowdown around the corners a bit more...

You checked that the wheel bearings had no wobble,not just for end play,right?

Well, could you have a broken or really weak rear shock on one side? don-ohio

Ben Van Zoest /

Come to think of it, one of the shocks had a partially mashed rubber cone, fixed it by adding a thick rubber washer. I could not find a replacement cone nor could I fabricate one.

I had someone hold the ped firmly while I moved the wheel

side to side there seems to be looseness were the lower arm pivots in some kind of rubber connector gadget. Anyone has a clear image of this part?

Thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account