85 Yamahopper QT 50 spits out gas & oil need h

E K /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have a '85 Yamahopper QT 50, it ran wonderfully for the past 2 years without a problem. Before that, it was garaged for almost 10 years.

One day, the QT 50 starts fast as usual, ran solid for about a minute and as soon as I hit the throttle, the engine sputters & dies out. I started it again, and it ran for about a minute & dies out. The next time I tried, 30 seconds.

The last time, it ran for about 10 seconds and spit about 2 tablespoons of gas out of the muffler. Possibly some oil.

And now it will not run, and it's incredibly hard to start even with starter fluid.

I would really appreciate any suggestions as to how to fix this. I am not sure if it's because the seals were blown out due to age, or gunk in the carb. (I had it cleaned last year)

More information on it:

The QT 50 is in very good condition, everything on it was cleaned including a full carb clean up, and had a new plug put in and everything last year. I have used it often with no problem with the exception on the day it 'died'.

Thank you in advance for any assistance. :o)

Best regards

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account