vespa bravo

I have a vespa bravo, circa 1976 - cleaned gas tank, new fuel lines, good spark and compression - but engine runs inconsistently - seems to be starving for air. When the air filter is taken off it runs nicely. Seems as though the mixture is not correct - too much fuel to air. Carburetor is clean - jets and float seem ok - any ideas?

thanks

Ron

Re: vespa bravo

Anthony Castellanos /

punch some holes in the air box

Did you clean the Idle jet?

1096431071_idle_jet.jpg

thanks

it is on my list of potential remedies

well - I have cleaned the main jet and messed around with the idle screw - help me out and describe what I should be looking at for the idle jet.

thanks very much

Ron

Dude, I just posted a picture of it with a circle around it!

Remove your carb, remove the plastic insert collar that fits over the intake manifold pipe (it may come off and stay on the pipe when you remove the carb).

Once that is removed look at the pic I posted. Clean the hole with a pin, needle or very thin wire, carb cleaner alone WON'T clean it. After to you clean out the hole with a pin or something then use carb cleaner or WD40 and then blow it out with compressed air.

the plastic sleeve is actually stuck in my carb. is there an easy way to get it out?

Bruce Wilkinson /

The sleeve may not have to come out. Can you see the hole that Zippy circled in his picture ? If you can then poke a tiny wire in it to clear any debris and clean with carb cleaner and blast it out with compressed air. bruce

thanks Zippy

I think I know what you are talking about - I am new at this so allow me a stupid question - where do I see the photo that you posted.

Ron

Click on this link and then look where it says "Attachment:" and then click on the link, you should see the pic.

http://mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/6/9889/9885/

Zippy

thanks again - now I can see! - I will give it a try.

thanks again for your help.

You're welcome and good luck.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account