Tomos A35 Transmission

Matt Delaman /

Hi I have a tomos Targa lx with a 70cc kit and a TECHNIGAS next Exhaust when I am driving it kicks and bucks and when I came to a stop it makes a noise and tries to jump a way and when I am driving it and I pedal it I feel it grinding so I think its the Transmission but I do not know if any one knows let me know.

Re: Tomos A35 Transmission

Don Pflueger /

sounds like a bad clutch.

Matt Delaman /

how hard is it to replace the clutch and do you think i need a whole clutch or just the clutch shoes.

sometimes if the idle is too high the tranny will engage by "kicking and bucking" while one is stopped.

Robert Nouri /

mine is really bad. when i finish firts i let go of the gas then gun it and mine shakes like something isnt cathing then when i let go i hear it go into gear is htis common or does any one know what it is?

Don Pflueger /

i dont think its hard at all.but then again, i do this stuff all day long and have every tool imaginable. there are two clutches in an a35 tranny. a first gear clutch and a second gear clutch. i would replace both while i'm in there along with and circlips, snap rings, and e clips.

do you have transmission fluid in there?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account